Lawyer of the Year
About the Award
The ACBA Member of the Year Award recognizes lawyers in good standing who exhibits: professional excellence; service to the profession and the bar; service to the community; and/or a reputation for or the advancement of legal ethics and professional responsibility.
Nomination process is open August 2018; nomination deadline is October 1, 2018.
Nominees must have been an ACBA member in good standing during the year of the award and at the time of their nomination. Members of the current ACBA Board and Education Committee are not eligible to receive the award.
The nomination must include the following items:
1. A completed nomination form;
2. A nomination letter from the nominating person or group setting forth the reasons why the nominee should be awarded the ACBA Member of the Year Award;
3. The nominee’s biographical resume, including an explanation of the nominee’s bar service, employment and professional history, service to the community, and dedication to legal ethics and professional responsibility.
Nomination attachments should be received as one document (either PDF or Microsoft Word format).
Please submit nomination packets to the ACBA Secretary at:
Brandt Criminal Defense
2150 Third Avenue North, Suite 210
Anoka, MN 55303
Nominees for the ACBA Lawyer of the Year Award will be selected by the ACBA Education committee appointed by the ACBA Board and finalized by the ACBA Board based upon four factors:
* Professional excellence;
* Service to the profession and the bar;
* Service to the community;
* Reputation for or advancement of legal ethics and professional responsibility.